Career & Internship Opportunities
Deputy Chief of Staff
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter with subject line “ Your Name – Deputy Chief of Staff” to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so apply as soon as possible.
We are looking for a highly skilled Deputy Chief of Staff to join our fast growing team and oversee WeSolar’s daily operations and logistics. This opportunity is a full time mostly in person position with a preference for candidates who are in the Baltimore area or who are willing to travel to Baltimore for in person meetings.
This is a full time position with a total compensation of $88,200. The salary of $62,000 per year plus benefits with a 10% bonus and $20,000 stock in company based on 3 year vested employee spending.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer to develop and implement strategic plans, objectives, and priorities that align with the organization’s vision and goals.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) to improve WeSolar’s operational efficiency.
- Manage the calendar of the CEO and complete a variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; handling confidential correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure effective communication and coordination of projects and tasks.
- Maintain and update operational documents, including policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Supervise and mentor staff members, fostering a high-performance culture that promotes collaboration, accountability, and professional growth.
- Manage and track operational budgets, expenses, and resources.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and onboarding of new staff members.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards..
- Support in the implementation of technology solutions to enhance WeSolar’s operational efficiency.
- Resolve operational issues and monitor general email inbox to resolve customer or client inquiries and concerns.
- Conduct regular meetings and communicate updates to relevant WeSolar stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with close attention to detail
- Able to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism from a variety of channels
- Ability to multitask with an analytical mindset and problem solving abilities
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Commitment to climate, environmental, racial and social justice
- At least 5 years experience working in leadership and team management in large scaled projects
- Experience working in the renewable energy field with an understanding energy justice is a plus
Our work centers community with an understanding that our communities of color bear the brunt of the climate crisis and are being left out of the renewable energy transition. These communities must be centered in this work therefore, we strongly encourage members of the BIPOC community, LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women to apply for this role