Digital Media Intern
Today, solar is the world’s fastest growing source of electricity. Over the past decade, more than 2 million homes and businesses in the U.S. have installed solar panels on their roofs or property. As the popularity of solar has grown, new approaches have emerged for making this renewable energy source more available to all.
Founded by Kristal Hansley on Juneteenth 2020, WeSolar is the first community solar company to be owned by a black woman.We are the nation’s leading social impact firm and our mission is to bring affordable energy access to under-resourced communities through local community solar projects. WeSolar launched in Baltimore and we are now located in 9 states with even more plans to expand. Through WeSolar, electricity consumers can purchase shared solar from a local project without having to install any equipment on their homes. In turn, residents save hundreds on their electricity bills. Our team consists of disrupters who advocate for communities of color and low-to-moderate income (LMI) communities to be included in the transition to a clean energy economy and have a healthy environment in the future.
We are looking for a highly skilled Digital Media Intern to support the coordination of WeSolar’s social media and marketing efforts to help build more awareness of our brand in the community. This is a part-time, remote position (15- 20 hours) from June to July with a pay rate of $20 per hour . However, where possible, the candidate will be expected to be in person in Baltimore, Maryland for upcoming events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review current trends and advertisements and propose adjustments to WeSolar’s current strategies as needed
- Design and execute marketing materials that are consistent with WeSolar’s brand and style guidelines such as flyers, social media posts, video content, blogs, opinion pieces
- Collaborate with sales department to create marketing campaigns that attract new customers and keep existing ones
- Work with partner organizations to promote WeSolar’s products and services and develop new partnerships
- Oversee WeSolar’s social media platforms and website and regularly analyze performance
- Research and identify digital influencers/like minded organizations we can engage to further our mission and campaigns
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Current student majoring in marketing/communications or recent graduate with Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Bachelor’s degree is not required however comparable experience in communications is a must; minimum 2 years experience in marketing and/or communications
- Strong understanding of current social media landscape such as twitter, instagram, facebook and tik tok
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with close attention to detail
- Creative, collaborative and eager to learn
- Commitment to climate, environmental, racial and social justice
- Experience working in the renewable energy field with an understanding energy justice is a plus
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio showing your media work with subject line “ Your Name – Digital Media Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm eastern on May 16th, 2022
Our work centers community with an understanding that our communities of color bear the brunt of the climate crisis and are being left out of the renewable energy transition. These communities must be centered in this work therefore, we strongly encourage members of the BIPOC community, LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women to apply for this role