Job Announcement – Deputy Chief of Staff
We are looking for a highly skilled Deputy Chief of Staff to join our fast growing team and oversee WeSolar’s daily operations and logistics. This opportunity is a full time mostly in person position with a preference for candidates who are in the Baltimore area or who are willing to travel to Baltimore for in person meetings
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer to develop and implement strategic plans, objectives, and priorities that align with the organization’s vision and goals.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) to improve WeSolar’s operational efficiency.
- Manage the calendar of the CEO and complete a variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; handling confidential correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure effective communication and coordination of projects and tasks.
- Maintain and update operational documents, including policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Supervise and mentor staff members, fostering a high-performance culture that promotes collaboration, accountability, and professional growth.
- Manage and track operational budgets, expenses, and resources.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and onboarding of new staff members.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards..
- Support in the implementation of technology solutions to enhance WeSolar’s operational efficiency.
- Resolve operational issues and monitor general email inbox to resolve customer or client inquiries and concerns.
- Conduct regular meetings and communicate updates to relevant WeSolar stakeholders.
This is a full time position with a total compensation of $88,200. The salary of $62,000 per year plus benefits with a 10% bonus and $20,000 stock in company based on 3 year vested employee spending
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with close attention to detail
- Able to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism from a variety of channels
- Ability to multitask with an analytical mindset and problem solving abilities
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Commitment to climate, environmental, racial and social justice
- At least 5 years experience working in leadership and team management in large scaled projects
- Experience working in the renewable energy field with an understanding energy justice is a plus
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter with subject line “ Your Name – Deputy Chief of Staff” to firstname.lastname@example.org
by September 1.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so apply as soon as possible.